Wednesday, February 22, 2012

God Knows all...


Larry picked me up for lunch today..we had a burger at Whataburger. We were midway thru lunch when in walked an elderly lady. She set her purse and mop down at a table close to ours and walked over. I'm not good at guessing ages but I'm gonna say 70 ++ years old.
 She spoke to me in Spanish..commenting on how beautiful they day was and that she just bought a new mop at the dollar store. She as...ked if I had any money I could spare for coffee... Larry and I hardly ever have cash money on us, but I asked him to please go pay for her to get some lunch and I gave her about a half a pound of collected coins from my purse. She cried, and said thank you, and gave me about a hundred blessings (cultural thing). I gave her a big hug and told her to enjoy her lunch. She is someones mother, daughter, friend, and I hope if I ever find myself begging for a meal that someone will help me. I hope God will take care of her on her journey. It was nice for this motherly woman to give me a hug, I needed it...God knows all!

No comments:

Post a Comment