Friday, January 20, 2012

Children can't comprehend our worries




So scarry when a child looses his life on the playing field...but, how do you tell them no, "I don't want you doing this".  I have always told my children don't let life pass you by because of what might happen...if you want to try something do it. However, always give a 110% and if it's not for you then don't do it.  My son Tyler is a baseball pitcher and has played select baseball for a few years now...he wanted to try football for his middle school.  I really didn't want him to but, I told him if you really want to try this sport then do it.  We never know what our calling is but maybe in life and in death we can make an impact on someone elses life. I don't expect him to be a professional player but sports teaches them there is no I in team work and it takes team work to get thru life.  God be with us all and protect our children.

I'm relieved to say Tyler made it thru the season with no injuries... It being his first year he made the A team and a starting position as a guard.  He liked it and reports that none of the kids pick on him any more.  So I guess his point was well taken and he got there giving a 110%. 

My oldest son, Justin, was a football player ...today at 33 he is a firefighter/arson investigator.  My daughter, Scarlett, was a basketball player...today at 29 she is a school teacher. 

It's not the sport... it's the support and guidance we give as parents.

We can hope that the dedication will be passed on thru our children raising their children. As grandparents we get to just enjoy the grandchildren because the parents now have to give 110% and we just get to make memories with them.

It takes lots of hard work and dedication but well worth it...I give and gave them 110%.

No comments:

Post a Comment